Friday, March 7, 2008

Free speech alive and well in Qatar.

Came across this on my net rambling. I wonder if we will have a comparable story from Washington D.C. sometime in the next couple of decades. Some religious folk are assholic enough that they would see this as a good thing! I think it is unlikely (I hope anyway). There are still enough sane folk in the U.S. doing their best to reign in the more right-wing bible thumpers that I don’t see them getting their way too soon. It seems undeniable though that the right-wing has moved decidedly further to the right in recent years. I have always found it surreal when people in power positions (presidents, prime-ministers etc. talk about God or worse God’s will, but it is more terrifying than surreal when they do so with zeal.

No comments: